History of the Collingwood
The Collingwood takes its name from the local merchant family which owned it up until 1955, and strong ties with Northumberland’s 19th Century naval hero.
The Union of the Crowns of England and Scotland in 1603 brought peace to the Borderlands. Prior to this, and even beyond for a period, the area was one of turbulence.
The Union of the Crowns of England and Scotland in 1603 brought peace to the borderlands. This settled state is reflected in the magnificent great houses in the area.
planning a visit or have any questions?
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch, our friendly team are happy to help!